Mensaje distribuido a través de la lista de la Asociación Española de Lingüística Aplicada (AESLA).
The Nerthus Project Research Group (Department of Modern Languages, University of La Rioja) invites the submission of papers on substantial, original, and unpublished research to the 2014 International Symposium on Verbs, Clauses and Constructions, which will be held on October 22-24th, 2014 at the University of La Rioja. Topics of interest for submission include, but are not limited to:
Layered models of clause structure, The interaction of verbal projections and verbal constructions, Verbal constructions, The syntax of clauses and sentences, Alternations vs. constructions, Linking and interfaces, Inflection and derivation, Events vs. states of affairs and predications, Verbs at the representational and interpersonal level, Verbal typologies, Verbs and nouns, Nominalizations, Cross-linguistic variation of verbal constructions, Head marking and dependent marking, Diatopic, diachronic and textual variation, Morpho-syntactic and semantic change, Usage-based approaches to the development of structure, The role of constructions in grammaticalization, The functional motivation of structural development
Some Questions Concerning Accomplishments
Robert D. Van Valin Jr. (University of Düsseldorf, The University at Buffalo)
Complex verbs and their history, especially particle + verb and verb + particle
Hans Sauer (University of München)
Dative Subjects in Germanic: A computational analysis of lexical semantic verb classes across time and space
Jóhanna Barðdal (University of Ghent)
Please submit your proposal following the guidelines below:
- Presentations will last 20 minutes, followed by a ten minute discussion.
- Abstracts should be 150-200 words long (without any subheadings) and clearly present a research question/aim, critical review of the literature, methodology, results and conclusions.
- Please avoid footnotes and any unusual symbols (such as phonetic transcription) that might be changed in electronic communication. If you cannot avoid such symbols, submit your paper both in DOC and PDF format.
- Please send each abstract both in anonymized and unanonymized forms (with author(s) and affiliation) to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Decisions about acceptance will be based on relevance to the above topic list, originality, potential significance, topicality and clarity. Since all accepted papers will be presented at the symposium, we require that at least one of the submitting authors must be a registered participant.
Pre-symposium course in Role and Reference Grammar and Construction Grammar
Participants can attend a 10 hour pre-symposium course on Role and Reference Grammar and Construction Grammar by Robert D. Van Valin Jr. (University of Düsseldorf) and Jóhanna Barðdal (University of Ghent), which will take place in the afternoon of October, 21st. and the morning of October, 22nd. Tuition fees are 150 euros (100 euros for postgraduate students; proof of status required). Places will be allocated on a first-come-first-serve basis. A course certificate will be issued upon completion of the course, based on 80% participation.
If a participant cannot make it to Logroño, it is possible to present their paper electronically. An e-session will be scheduled for 25′ presentations in PowerPoint format with narration (voice-over). Please contact the organization by e-mail for further instructions. E-session presentations will be issued a certificate of presentation but not of attendance.
- Abstract submission: March 15th.-September 30th.
- Notification of reviewers’ decision: March 30th. – October 5th.
- Extraordinary registration deadline: October 20th.
- Symposium: October 22-24th.
|On desk registration|
|Presenters||90 €||110 €||130 €||150 €|
|Non-presenters||60 €||75 €||90 €||100 €|
Registration fees include the symposium pack, book of abstracts and morning and afternoon coffee.
On the evening of October 24, 2014, the dinner of the symposium will be held in a grill restaurant in town centre, within walking distance from the University and the hotel area. The menu includes starters, main course (with choice meat/fish/vegetarian), dessert, water and crianza wine. It is strongly recommended to make the dinner payment together with the registration fee. It will be possible to book during the symposium but places will be limited. The cost of the menu is 35 euros.
Provided that a sufficient number of participants are interested, a selection of papers will be published in a peer-reviewed volume edited by the symposium organizers. Expressions of interest should be made on the registration form. Full papers should be submitted by December 31st., 2014. Acceptance for publication will be communicated to the authors by February 15th., 2015.
For further information, we refer participants to the symposium site: